Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recipe Rave - Creamy Fajita Pasta

Here is my attempt at making up my own recipe using the sauce from my Fajita's on Saturday. I have only done this like 5 times in my marriage and maybe 2 times was it a success. The sauce was so tasty, I hated to waste it.

You can use any meat, but I already had sausage in the freezer from several weeks ago, so that is what we used.

16 oz. Mild Sausage ($.39)
Fajita sauce (FREE)
12 0z. Rotini pasta ($.04) yep check it out
1 cup Mexican Cheese ($.39)
3/4 lb. fresh asparagus ($1.35)

Brown sausage or used previously cooked leftover meat. Cook pasta. Add Fajita sauce to meat, heat through. Mix meat and sauce with pasta Sprinkle cheese on top. Or you can bake at 350 degrees to melt cheese. Saute asparagus in EVOO. Serves 6.

Total cost $2.17

Verdict: This was great. Very tasty. The kids said, "THIS is a meal I DEFINITELY want to have again." I think the sausage gave it a nice flavor kick. The only thing was it wasn't very "creamy" maybe I need to change the name :)

No comments: